Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
ATTENTION LODGING OWNERS AND GUESTS
As many of you have heard, a very unfortunate fire took place at the Red Jacket, in North Conway, New Hampshire over this past weekend. Fortunately, everyone got out of the structure but not with ease. I write this to you as a reminder to check your smoke/carbon detectors and gas detectors every time the unit is turned over with new occupants. If you do not rent out your unit to the general public that does not ease the responsibility that you have to ensure that the life safety detection devices are working at all times.
Keep the exits clear. When the smoke is thick, the least number of obstacles the better. If the building(s) has sprinkler systems and/or alarm systems make sure they are receiving regular service and are in working order.
Checking in and out of your unit, with the number of occupants staying in the unit, is very important. Having the records available, even when the office is closed, in a weather tight box is a requirement. With the help of lodging records, the Fire Department was able to make sure everyone was accounted for at this weekends fire.
Wells Code Enforcement Office