Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Because of safety concerns and uncertainty about the future status of public gatherings, the Maine Bicentennial Commission has postponed five signature events, according to a news release Monday. The rescheduled events and the new tentative dates are:
· Maine Statehood Day Ceremony: March 14, 2021, Augusta
· State of Maine Bicentennial Parade, presented by Poland Spring: May 15, 2021, Auburn and Lewiston
· Sailing Ships Events: various dates, summer 2021, ports along the Maine coast
· Maine200 Innovation Expo, presented by Central Maine Power Co.: Nov. 20, 2021, Portland
· Maine200 Time Capsule Sealing Ceremony: Fall 2021, location to be determined.
“We remain very grateful for the continued support of our sponsors and partners as we all navigate the uncertainties of this time,” said state Sen. Bill Diamond, chairman of the Maine Bicentennial Commission.
“While we are disappointed that we are unable to commemorate Maine’s bicentennial this year as planned, we are also excited about coming together in 2021 to celebrate not only 201 years of statehood, but our renewed sense of community and perseverance as we emerge from this trial.”
In the meantime, it’s the perfect occasion to explore all that makes Maine what it is today—our land and waters, history, people and institutions, challenges and successes. VISIT www.Maine200.org to start exploring today!
For more information contact Cynthia Adamsky at 207-361-8130 or at firstname.lastname@example.org