The Town operates a harbor area that contains a private marina, restaurant and the Wells Harbor Community Park. Wells Harbor was dredged in 2001 and a new mooring infrastructure was put in place in for the 2001 boating season. The harbor can moor 150 vessels with lengths up to 42 feet allowed. Vessels are placed on double point moorings or floats. A waiting list exists for a mooring. Fees are $250 base and $15 a foot including extensions. For more information, call the Wells Town Hall at 207-646-5113.
Wells Harbor Community Park Features
Wells Harbor Community Park consist of the Hope Fenderson Hobbs Gazebo, the Wells Rotary Pavilion, the Jeffrey Thompson Memorial Playground, the Knights of Columbus handicapped accessible observation deck, bocce ball and horseshoe courts. Free summer concerts are held every Saturday evening at 6:30 p.m. from July to Labor Day. Some of these facilities can be rented for private parties. For information call the Town Manager’s Office at 207-646-5113.
- 1991 Adopted Wells Harbor Plan (PDF)
- 2013 Wells Harbor Management Plan (PDF)
- 2013 Wells Harbor Management Plan Appendix A (PDF)
- 2013 Wells Harbor Management Plan Appendix B (PDF)
- 2013 Wells Harbor Management Plan Appendix C (PDF)
- 2013 Wells Harbor Management Plan Appendix D (PDF)
- Bureau of Parks and Lands Notice for Boat Ramp Expansion Proposal